There are some items that can’t be put in a survival kit. These are the skills that are developed through knowledge and experience. Once these intangible skills have been developed, you will have an overwhelming and very distinct advantage in any crisis.
Riverwalker’s Top Ten Intangible Survival Skills
1. Knowledge - This is the foundation for all your intangible skills. The knowledge you acquire can form a basis for proper action in any crisis or survival situation.
2. Common Sense - This is the guide for applying your knowledge. Using common sense as a guide may help prevent you from doing something that could have disastrous consequences in a crisis.
3. Attitude - Attitude is everything. With a positive attitude, there are few obstacles to your survival that can’t be overcome.
4. Adaptability - This gives you the ability to accept a sudden change in your circumstances and to modify your actions to allow better control of those changes and turn them into a positive advantage.
5. Perseverance - This is what keeps you going when others have given up or lost their will to survive. It is what gives you the strength to keep going when things get tough.
6. Innovation - This is the practical application of your knowledge to meet your needs by developing a solution to your problems or to provide a means to overcome obstacles you may encounter.
7. Discipline - Good mental discipline is what will keep you focused on your goals and increase the chances for your survival.
8. Confidence - This is having faith in yourself and your abilities and knowing you have what it takes to survive.
9. Creativity - This is the power of your imagination that can provide valuable resources when none are readily apparent.
10. Wisdom - This gives your knowledge strength of purpose when combined with your experience.
Developing and using your intangible survival skills are a vital aspect of survival. They can help you effectively manage a crisis when there may be no other resources available and increase your chances for survival.
Staying above the water line!