Friday, June 11, 2010

Riverwalker's Pics - RW at Slate Falls

RW at Slate Falls

While spending some time in the mountains of New Mexico, RW, Jr. and myself hiked up a few miles to a place we call Slate Falls. A natural waterfall had formed as a result of a slate formation in the rock.



Slate Falls

This is but one example of the awesome power of nature when combined with water. RW, Jr. took some great video of the falls in action which will be posted at a later date.

Got natural shower?

Staying above the water line!

Riverwalker

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Pickdog
III

Ken said...

...thats nice RW,how tall's the fall???

just curious...the hat closer to the fall might give a better size reference

riverwalker said...

To: pickdog

It was a ggreat place and I'm ready to go back!

Thanks pickdog.

RW

riverwalker said...

To: Ken

The waterfall was only about 6 or 7 feet high. I climbed up close to see if there was room behind the falls but nothing doing. There was less than a foot behind the falls and I wasn't ready to get soaked in water that was about 40 degrees (mostly water from snow melt).

It was fed by two smaller falls called Twin Falls by us to identify where we were at to others. It was further upstream. I have pics of it that I'll post later.

I really need to do more of the bushcraft and hiking thing!

Thanks Ken.

RW

riverwalker said...

To: Ken

I really didn't think about using the hat and hiking stick for a reference point for size. It seem like a good way to indicate my presence at the site. It's the same home-made hiking stick that I covered in an earlier post.

RW

Related Posts with Thumbnails