Monday, June 16, 2008

The Plan ( Update)

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I really appreciate all the comments and advice I received about the Mossberg 500.

I picked one up today and it seems like it's going to be a good choice. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet and when I do I'll give a more detailed update and try to have some pictures for you. It was $259.95 + tax(always the tax in everything) and I also picked up some #8 bird shot(not as much as I would like but come the season I plan on getting more) along with several boxes each of HPR slug and 00 buck (thanks for the advice everybody). It also came with the pistol grip but for now I'm going to leave it off till I've had a chance to run a few boxes of shells through it.

On a side note my son-in-law told me had an old holster for my .357 S&W Magnun revolver that I could have when he finds it (said he's got to dig through his stuff and see where he put it). He's currently carrying a Glock .40 and said he isn't using the holster and that I was welcome to it.
He also tried to talk me into getting a Remington 870 Express like he's got (a little wishful thinking here on my part - it's a great looking shotgun). He heard the little lady tell me to go ahead and get the better one (original plan was to get the model for $179.95). I told him that if I wrecked her budget by getting the Reminton 870 Express I might be living in the backyard with the "dawgs". I also saw a Taurus 9mm pistol that looked really nice but it's going to have to wait till later (I sold my 9mm to my brother and he said he's keepin' it).Have to keep the balance in my preps. I don't want to get into any phase so far that I let too much other stuff that's equally important get left out.

The only bad part of the day was my son got called into work so he wasn't able to go to Academy with me to get it. I got to talk to him on the phone so it wasn't all bad.

Of course I have a new problem now that I have the "evil black shotgun" is I need to plan on an upgrade from my Marlin 336 .30/.30 to an "evil black rifle". My Ruger 10/22 will have to suffice for now. More later.

Stay above the water line!

4 comments:

gott_cha said...

as I have said before,..Ive got the mossberg 500 an win. 1300 and a remington 58

For my shtf/home invasion grab and go,..it will be the Mossberg. I took of the full stock and have dressed it with a ventilated upper rail/hanguard and a top folder stock. I like that because it shortens it down to where you can wield it around in your home pretty darn quick,..and its operational in the folded position.

I think you gonna love your new TOOL!!

riverwalker said...

To: gott_cha

Yeah, I think so too. Can't wait to get a chance to try it out in a few days.

Anonymous said...

I would research that Taurus. I own one, and as many other owners we have problems with said semi-autos. They make great revolvers, but they are not so great with the semi-autos. By research I do not mean gun rag reviews as they are nothing but paid adverts, but read what owners think. My issue is jamming, but that was fixed by keeping the pistol overly lubricated. I would not trust for field work, but I would for range duty.

riverwalker said...

To: Jennersen
Thanks for the info. I'll sure need to check that out first.

Related Posts with Thumbnails