Saturday, July 18, 2015

Gear Review: Camelbak Big Chill


Summer temperatures in Texas can get a little warm.  I love my Tervis in the office, but it was just not convenient for my mountain bike. I decided to put the Camelbak Big Chill to the test.

For fun, I rounded up some of my other water bottles to get them in on the action.  They were not all the same size bottles, so I used a 16 oz cup to place the same amount of ice in each bottle.  I only placed ice in the bottles and just measured how long it took for the ice to melt in each bottle.

At the end of 1.5 hours, ice was still visible in all the bottles.  The single wall stainless steel dropped first.  Then, my basic water bottle melted.  An hour later, my non insulated Nagalene and Stanley were done.  Not surprisingly, the two insulated bottles were the only ones still with ice.

The Camelbak Big Chill made 4.5 hours before the ice had all melted.  It gave out while the Tervis still had several ice cube remnants visible.  


The test started at 11:00 AM and outside temperatures reached into the mid 90's.  The Camelbak Big Chill will not replace my Tervis around the BBQ pit, but it will definitely be my companion on my mountain bike excursions.  It might even replace my day hike water bottle.


Staying above the water line!

Riverwalker
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riverwalker, are you still around?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Riverwalker and all who read this.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well. Missing your posts, looking for more wisdom from you.

riverwalker said...

Still here but I've been very busy lately.

Thanks.

RW

Blog27999 said...

As stated by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh 42 lbs less than we do.

(And by the way, it is not related to genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

Click this link to discover if this quick questionnaire can help you unlock your real weight loss possibility

Blogger said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2lbs overnight

Over 160,000 women and men are hacking their diet with a simple and SECRET "liquids hack" to burn 2lbs every night in their sleep.

It is scientific and it works all the time.

Here's how you can do it yourself:

1) Go get a glass and fill it with water half the way

2) Proceed to use this weight losing HACK

and be 2lbs thinner when you wake up!

aminaraifi said...

Of course, everyone should do something new that will keep them engaged. You have done the same, and you can also try the best CV maker in dubai who can make the best CV for you, and there is something new to learn from these things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails