Many times gear is not always needed on an everyday basis. This is when the proper storage of your gear can become a critical factor. Failure to properly store your gear when not in use can cause problems later when it may be needed. Many times it is only a matter of knowing the proper method of storage to keep your gear in safe working condition.
The proper storage of body armor can increase its performance and lengthen its useful life. There are certain storage requirements that generally apply to most types of body armor. Following these simple guidelines will help you prevent unnecessary damage to your body armor.
Body Armor Storage Tips
1. Always store your body armor flat.
2. Always remove hard plates from tactical body armor before placing it in storage.
3. Never store your body armor if it is moist or damp. Make sure it is dry before storing.
4. Never store your body armor loose in a vehicle or closet. Use a suitable container that will afford extra protection.
5. Never store heavy objects or other gear items on top of your body armor.
Treating your gear properly and with respect is important to get the maximum value from your equipment. Specialized equipment, such as body armor, can be expensive to replace. It’s a lot easier to put a little effort into the proper storage and necessary maintenance. It also doesn’t hurt to inspect gear that is in storage on a regular basis for proper working condition. By doing so, you can avoid any unwanted surprises.
Got body armor storage?
Staying above the water line!