Saturday, March 31, 2012

Simple Home Security - Plants for Protection - Spanish Dagger


Spanish Dagger in Bloom


Spanish Dagger can be a very dangerous plant but it is also quite beautiful when in bloom. There are several planted in my yard. You need to be careful when working around these plants as they can even stab you through your jeans if you aren’t very careful. They are capable of inflicting some pretty serious personal damage along with a significant amount of pain.

These are fairly young Spanish Dagger plants that are only about four feet high. The stalk with the blooms is about six foot high. They make an excellent form of natural security for your home. If someone stumbles into one of these plants in the dark, they are going to have a very unpleasant experience.

Like many things in nature, they can be both beautiful and dangerous.

Got Spanish Dagger?

Staying above the water line!

Riverwalker

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zowie these plants hurt when bumped into - I know because I've planted them at both homes I've lived in (after the lawn mower guy broke into my first home, luckily he didn't see my inside dog while casing/mowing my yard, chomp!)

riverwalker said...

To: Shreela

I've bumped into mine a few times when working in different areas of the yard and it ain't fun...that's for sure.

Thanks.

RW

Related Posts with Thumbnails