Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Riverwalker's Pics - New Mexico Hunt

New Mexico Hunt

Here's a picture of a friend of mine from a recent hunting trip in New Mexico. Mrs. RW and myself recently had dinner with my friend and his better half. It's difficult for us to meet up very often because of work, etc. but sometimes things work out and we have a little get-together. As usual, the discussion got around to guns and hunting and about how some people have doubts about lever action rifles. My friend merely stated "Give me a couple of good hunting dogs, a lever action rifle and the rest will take care of itself."


Got lever action rifle?

Staying above the water line!

Riverwalker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Mexico has some pretty country, especially in the northern regions. I've spent a coupla days in the 4 Corners region (Aztec / Farmington) it was awfully pleasant to get away from south Texas summer humidity, at least for a short spell.

Lever guns will do just fine, its the ammunition that feeds them that will become scarce. Or so I think, so stock up while you can. 30-30 is still very reasonably priced, fortunately.

riverwalker said...

To: anonymous 7:13

Even the wife likes her 30/30 lever action. Just a great hunting rifle in my opinion.

Planning a trip to New Mexico soon and I'm really looking forward to it. i agree the South Texas summers can be pretty hard to take and a little change of pace will help.

Thanks anon!

RW

Related Posts with Thumbnails